Greetings faithful followers. Hey sorry its been a while since my last post. Where to begin with the excuses. Well first off my charger went out on my little laptop and I usually sit on the couch and type these up so thats been out of commission and lets face it after 12 hours walking 10 more feet downstairs to the other computer is waaaay to much work LOL. I got behind a little bit and then its like oh geez where do I start and finally sometimes Im just lazy sorry...its true sorry bout that. I was thinking the other day about the blog etc and I remember when I used to dispatch it was kinda the same thing. I would always come home with crazy stories but eventually they all just kind of blended together and it just melts into .....how was work??...well it was kinda busy ....or it was kinda slow. Eventually after a while the excitement kind of wares off and its like any other job I suppose.
Ok so a few weeks ago it was pretty crazy. I had one week inparticular that really took the cake.
Disturbance call: went to a call.....2 buddies were hanging out. ONe is just totally lunatic. They had both been drinking watching movies and lunatic boy decides to start breaking the other dudes dvd's for no apparent reason. Buddy confronts him about it and the guy just says "you and me right now" and ends up fighting this guy. What a wierdo. Well he is even wierder when we are talking to him asking what year it is etc etc. All is dandy until he gets in my patrol car. He starts bashing his head against my partition...I tell him to stop and he says "you think i'm playing games....fine!" then he rolls over onto his back and starts mule kicking my side window with both legs. I mean hard! His whole body is rearing up and he is lifting his knees up to his chin and thrusting both legs into the window. Thankfully our department is smart and we have reenforced steel bars that go across the window! I called for the welcoming committee at the jail and it was great. 4 big guards came out as I pulled into the sally port.
This one jail guard is awesome totally killed him with kindness and was like "hey man just want to give you a chance to cooperate" well the dude didnt like him either so they totally tricked him. After a screaming fit yelling something about how he is God or something the guard opens up the door with a big smile and was like "right this way Mr John Doe sir" so as the dude is scooting out that way no doubt about to start kicking at him 2 other big ass guards open the other door and swoop him out the other side totally confusing him! I thought that was awesome! As I'm doing my paperwork you could hear the guy in his rubber room screaming "F U C K ....Y O U ". Just like a 5 year old who happened to be now 40 years old . Gotta love it.
Man with a gun: I got dispatched to a disturbance call. A neighbor heard some screaming and overheard someone say something about "I'm gonna go get my gat". Well me and the ol sarge start walking up and we can hear some commotion behind the house.....so we start creaping around the house all ninja like and we round the corner. I SEE A DUDE STANDING WITH HIS BACK TOWARD ME AND HE HAS A HANDGUN POINTED UP AT THE SECOND STORY WINDOW OF THE HOUSE. HOLY SHIT BATMAN!
It was amazing to see all your training take over. "STOP POLICE DROP THE GUN" the whole 9 yards. He starts to turn around and then bolts off behind a blind corner where its dark and we couldnt see him. There had been 2 or 3 other people around him and they all ran inside the house as soon as they saw it was the police. So we started to chase him and then I just kept thinking ambush ambush ambush. I called out to just hold up and wait for the dog. It took every inch of me not to give in to the predator prey instinct and just chase him down but I think that in hinesight it was a very very wise decision. I'm really glad we decided to go that route. But now its crazy we got people in the house....there could be more weapons/suspects inside so you dont want to turn your back to the house and also you have crazy guy hiding somewhere with the gun...heart pounding! Juices flowing! Scary stuff for sure.
So the entire world shows up. Talk about cavalry...3 cities of cops dumped to get over to us. K9 track is on....they track his scent over about a block through back yards and find his shirt. ONly convicts know this trick...he is smart to ditch his outter shirt..makes sense right...say a bank robber robs a bank wearing a bright yellow shirt and thats the description that gets broadcasted well the first thing i would do is ditch that shirt so that my polkadot blue undershirt is the one i'm wearing. ONe of the containment units finds him back near the original scene...he doubled back. Of course he denies knowing anything that is going on and claims he was just walking down the street...despite being sweaty, having torn pants, mud on his shirt and grass in his hair (seems like someone who was running away from a police dog)....here is the crappy part...NO GUN. The dog handler tries doing an evidence track to try and find the gun but we never find it.
The crappy crappy part is....I never really saw his face. Even though you are 99 percent sure that is the guy and the dog tracks him all the way to the patrol car giving a positive indication that is the guy that ran (i'll spare all the science details here about court lore and dog tracking) we got nothin. Unfortunately in this job you have to think like a defense attorney half the time and not a cop.....so HE WALKS.
The rest is kind of a long story but I was so pissed we didnt charge him with anything after all that. How crappy is that...all I could think of is that hidden gun somewhere where a kid could find it and kill themselves.
So here is the cool part...fortunately dayshift came on and one of my partners knows this dudes parole officer. OH yeah the guy has done hard time for armed robbery in the past. One of his conditions was that he was not to associate with a certain somebuddy and that somebuddy happened to be in his house that night........thanks to that we were able to contact his parole officer and his parole officer showed up about a week later to his house on a surprise visit....they found 2 stolen guns and a bunch of drugs in his house!!!! WOOOOOOOT he is gonna go to the pokey for a long long time. That made me feel sooooo good.
Good times ya'll!!!! Thats all for now guys.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Screw "The Shield" (which is streaming on Xbox Live BTW, awesome)! Dude, your stories rule. Sorry I haven't caught up an ALL of the diaries yet. I have a tendancy to NOT read all of them simply because you're my brother and I tend to worry. Especially after reading this. But I'm glad Douche McDouchwaffle finally got it in the end. Bad Ass!
ReplyDelete