Thursday, June 25, 2009
Heroin is bad
Pretty good night the other night. The highlight was around 3 am. I was driving by this one particular neighborhood. There was not much going on in the city. I passed a guy that just looked out of place. I stopped and got out of my car to talk to him. He had this huge backpack on and he was sweating....I mean drenched with it.....so I'm thinking he just ran from somewhere something's up. He said he was just hangin out waiting for a cab...as to the sweat question...oh my back hurts he says. I get his ID and run him. Bam he's got a felony warrant for escape!!!! Awesome...usually that means he has gone AWOL with his probation/parole officer. Had a violent offender hit with it as well. Sweet catch. So I hook him up and search him incident to arrest. TOTALLY SICK...first off the guy is gross...imagine 50 years old and 25 of that has been heavy drug use.....I find probably 12 hypodermic needles on him...thank god he had them capped. He had 6 grams of black tar heroin on him and a bit of cocaine....also a hodge podge of various drug paraphernalia like cooked spoons, water, alcohol rubs, lighters, cotton balls, copper scrubbing and syrgical tubing just to name a few. what a scuz ball. Would have been a pretty quick case but the dude was in bad shape I dont know if was just having a bad trip or what but I got to go baby sit him at the hospital for about 3 hours. The cool thing was that I was able to catch up with a friend who just started working at our local hospital....always good to see a friend at the hospital. Then I got back to the station and did about 2 hours of paperwork processing, evidence entering etc. Totally sweet our drug K9 was just signing into service and I was like hey does your dog want to find the dope? Our dope dog is amazing....he let him in the back door and here comes this happy lil pup into the squad room and he b-lines it for the paperbags I had on the counter...he sat down immediately and looked up at his handler (thats his trained sign when he finds drugs) and looked at him like yeah dad I found it give me my ball (the coveted ball....every trainer developes one particular reward whether its a snack but mostly its one particular tennis ball that the dog has had since he was a puppy that only comes out when the dog finds dope). The trainer looked at him and said "show me" and the dog pawed at the bags then sat down......."show me" again he said and the dog leaps up on the table and sits down very obediently!!!! GOOD BOY and out came the ball.....man you would think that ball was a 20 oz sirloin.......never seen a dog so happy! It was nice cause I've never really processed drugs before so he showed me how to do a NIC TEST...basically its kind of an elaborate home pregnancy type test where you put a particular type of drug in a particular kind of test kit and the chemicals will turn bright blue or red or red and green etc depending on the drug. way cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment