Ok so pretty crazy night at work. Different to say the least. I got there early so one of the guys could go home a lil early. Arent I nice?! Anyway the night started right out of the gate.....I get toned out (a 3 beep tone sent out over the airway for high risk/dangerous situations) for a shots fired call. A gal reported her neighbor fireing a scoped rifle from his porch and apparently he had threatened this lady before........lets roll man! Got a nice code run (lights and sirens) across the entire city.
Get on scene....got to grab my trusty M-16...always a good day when you get to do that.....you get some interesting looks form passerby looky lou's to say the least.....they all get the same expression on their face....its a cross between realizing santa claus is not real and crapping your pants...
So the house is just tactically a nightmare....its like playing king of the castle when you are a kid....the house is up a hill which gives our problem dude a huge advantage if he is shooting a scoped rifle. Your vest isnt gonna do crap against much more than pistol munitions....there was not much cover and the bad dude has a visual advantage....its always to better to be on high ground. Tactically it wasnt great...we were stacked up (in formation close to one another prior to moving together)and there was alot of "whats the plan" ok what are we doing talk going on...not good conversation to have when people are trying to kill you.
THANK GOD and I'll say it again THANK GOD my sergeant told me to move to another street so we could even out our assault teams....so I'm driving to my new assigned spot for this fiasco....there is some radio chatter and over the air in the background I hear a very very very loud/crisp "...C R A C K" . I knew exactly what the sound was from several years of dispatching...yeah gunshot...no car backfiring etc WHAT THE FRICK! You start running through every scenario in your head...what happened is everyone ok etc etc etc.......sarge got on the radio and advised of an "A.D" (accidental discharge) by another city's assisting officer.
Wow heart still raced for about an hour after that.. . . .
more later...gettin tired guys.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment