Today was frustrating to say the least. I pulled a gal over and I knew something was up because she was really nervous. She didn't pull over right away and kept driving till she found a parking spot in an apartment complex. This usually means that they know that their license is suspended or they have warrants and want the car parked legally so we don't have to impound it if we choose not to. She got right out of her car like she didn't even notice me and was really really nervous.
She gave me an out of state drivers license which I ran on my computer and it came back valid. Unfortunately after I let her go dispatch advised me that she actually had a warrant and a washington suspended license.....I went back to try and find her but she was gone. Bummer.
Half the day was spent doing follow-ups on previous reports from last week. Talk about boring. A couple I had to fix. Didn't dot enough I's or cross enough t's etc etc. I spent alot of time following up on things that someone above me wasn't satisfied with. For the most part the cases were go-nowhere cases anyway but I just do what I'm told....it all pays the same right?
Unfortunately I couldn't really get out there and kick some tail cause I felt like I just didn't have the time to dig for things today. Plus I was really tired......I have some pretty bad insomnia sometimes. Makes for a long day.
Interesting note....pulled a guy over today and asked for his license and insurance etc. He pulled out his wallet and it was an exact replica of the wallet Samuel L Jackson had in Pulp Fiction "Its the one that says Bad A$$ Mother Fu#$%* on it". I had a huge chuckle. It was pretty funny.
Ok sorry for the short post but its past my bedtime.
Plodding ON
No comments:
Post a Comment