Sunday, May 3, 2009

Burglar Bastards

Ok.....ton of stuff happened over the last few days. I can't remember it all. I dealt with this older lady...she was in her 60's and had dimentia and wondered into her city...it took some creative thinking but we were able to solve the problem.


DUI....so I'm sitting down at my usual honey hole to pick off speeders and watch traffic...its my secret ninja hiding spot. A huge suburban went down the road by me and the street that I was on had 2 westbound lanes and a turn lane. The car was driving right down the middle of both lanes strattleing the dividing marker. Then he made several lane sweeps. I pulled him over and after I lit him up he just stopped the car in the middle of the road....didn't even try pulling over. He was drunk as a skunk. I hate doing dui's just hate them.

Burglary....there is a local stop and rob place that for some reason always gets burglarized....thsere is nothing special about the store...just your average smokes and beer place. Some neighboring apartments called cause they heard someone banging on the door of this place. First off let me say that i totally came to the party late because of that stupid dui I got. Anyway...basically we interupted the burglars and they scattered running all kinds of directions...we did about an hour long dog track and caught all 4 little punk kid bastards! The best part is....they didnt even make it inside the building. The interesting thing to note is how much there is to do to process a call like that where you get arrests. This is especially true when you have juveniles and complicated evidence such as an entire car....you really have to think like a lawyer and its like a chess game...trying to think of loopholes that a defense attorney would love to have. Like the gettaway car for example....now their car was parked about a half block away from the crime scene....it was left unlocked with the keys inside...you would think this wouldnt be good evidence....but it links proximity of defendants to the crime scene....also there was 4 kids ...how do you proove they were all together etc...well we found all of their cell phones in the car.....so by seizing the car and then litterally taping it shut and sealing it....then we can get a search warrant and link the car to all 4 kids instead of just the driver. Yeah I had to stay about 2 hours late in the morning and I'm dead tired but it was fun to catch those bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment