Couple of small calls last night but nothing major. Went to an unwanted subject call and my partner gets there first and sees the suspect car driving off so he pulls them over. 4 guys in the car..all hoodlums...I dont like to stereotype but they were all hood like.
So after talking to them for 20 minutes and getting a bunch of bull shit stories and answers from them I talk to the other party...another hoodlum kid and turns out his buddy needed 20 bucks but he is notorious for not repaying his debt so loaner wanted his watch as collateral. Well sure enough hoodlum 1 didn't repay the 20 bucks but instead decides its rational to come over and forcefully try and get his watch back and the guy wouldnt let him. I told him to man up and pay his debt. Normally I'd take a report but whats the point...stupid call over stupid kids stuff...your tax dollars at work.
The Kirby Salesman Caper: Go to a house. The guy is freaked out because this ratty van pulled up 2 guys go out. ONe kind of goes to the side of his house and is poking around and the other guy knocks on the door and tries the door handle....so he claims. He yells hey! And both the guys jet back to there van and take off. I think its a legitimate casing (where someone goes to your door trying to sell something like magazine subscriptions and you invite them in but really they are just seing what valuables you have for a later with drawl while you are at work). So I take a report.....about an hour later I see the van with the same license plate...sweet. Pull em over...sure enough the story checks out. They were just salesman and cleaners....showed me there business license and everything. Nice to get out of doing the report. I think the victim was just paranoid.
Trespass call.....go to one of the casinos in town. Call reads that a gal wants to trespass her self from the place. Now usually a trespass is for a kid that steals a candy bar and the store owner wants them to not be allowed on the property for a year...makes it nice cause if they show up there again you can take them to jail. I've never had a call before where someone wants to trespass themself. Very weird...so I show up and its this old lady. She apparently has a very bad gambling problem and her husband was there to pay the bill....I imagine it was a pretty big tab cause he seemed less than pleased. She apparently wanted to be trespassed so we could be social workers and help her with her addiction...yeah we don't do that.....kind of sad though.
Stabbing: Domestic disturbance....while we are going there it gets upgraded to a stabbing call. Heart begins to beat a little faster and the adrenalin starts pumping. I get there and there are people everywhere. One of those houses where all kinds of extended family lives under one roof. There is a female screaming "oh god we need an ambulance...help!" I run up there and there is a guy laying on the ground and he has 4 or 5 blood soaked towells on his back and i can't see his face cause its so bloody....he was not doing good. The suspect had taken off...luckily we had a dog on and we caught him on foot a few blocks away.
After our investigation we determined that the guy that got stabbed was actually the instigator in the whole thing and the guy that did the stabbing was just defending his sister. Jackass had threatened her life and wrecked up the place pretty bad because he was totally drunk. ONe of those suspect is the victim and victim is the suspect sort of deals......interesting. Basically we charged both parties and we will let the prosecutor sort out everything. The hardest part of the report was figuring out how to list all the family members on the report....were they witnesses and how is everyone related to everybody. Grandma....mom....suspect1 suspect 2 daughter, grand daughter, fiance etc etc....really confusing family dynamic. Took a while to sort everything out.
Plodding on.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment