Saturday, September 12, 2009

Call to Call

Had a rider with me. I like riders dont get me wrong...its kind of fun to show them what its all about but you forget how much you are multitasking when you are in the patrol car...you are listening to the radio...driving..typing on the computer...checking out cars and looking for crime etc and its just kind of hard to get in your own groove when someone is sitting right next to you asking a bunch of questions...its different when you have friends ride along then its kind of fun.

Went to quite a few calls tonight...lots of piddly stuff like disturbances etc. I went to a DV call (domestic violence)...2 brothers that had too much to drink and started a wrestling match that kind of got out of hand....well usually in dv cases somene needs to go to jail but in this case it was pretty impossible to determine who the primary aggressor was so we just let them go to bed and sleep it off....I really wasnt comfortable with it but the sgt was there and he said that was okay. If the stripes says its okay then i'm clear.

Had some juvenile complaints...not surprising considering it was the first week back at school...so ran around the city putting out small fires here and there.

The speeder from hell....caught a gal going 48 in a 35. Not to bad. I try to pull her over and she doesnt pull over despite my siren at full blare and my lights blinding her....she proceeds about another 8 blocks before pulling over. She proceeds to tell me how I should do my job and she did not pull over because "i didnt tell her where to pull over and I should do that". I asked her if she took a drivers test and she said yes.....I reminder her about the part where she is required to PULL OVER TO THE RIGHT if stopped by the police.

I gave her a speeding ticket and she went through the roof. She demanded that she see my radar and I was like no I dont have to show you it.....she told me several times how as a police officer I have to show her the radar unit flashing her speed. I wasnt sure if I still had the unit locked in and I told her several more times that I dont have to show it to her. But I figured that might calm her down so I went back to my car to make sure it was still flashing and it was so I brought her back to the car and showed it to her......she asked me what time that was taken at and I said that it doesnt show the time which it doesnt and she went through the roof calling me a liar etc and how the police are required to show her some kind of magic atomic clock with a picture of her car and a flashing speed reading..........so stupid just flored me.

Got 2 suspended drivers...so stoked i'm happy usually if I even get one and I got two that night. Lovin it.

Party complaint....not a big deal...even if its underage kids we usually just tell them to pour the beer out and no one is to drive. Go there and its totally loud...pretty unreasonable even for a friday night.....I knock on the door and they scatter like cockroaches....they see me through the window "oh shit its the cops no one say anything". No one comes to the door they shut out all the lights and hide like cowards.....the funny thing is...is that had one person come to the door that would have been the end of it...but ohhhh no they had to be dicks....look right at me in my face and turn around and go into another room. Well unfortunately some of their cars were parked in front of the fire lane which presented an un-do risk for public safety so they got their cars towed.....whammy.

That was about the extent of the fun for the evening.....the other stuff was just average calls nothing really of note.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, screw those punk kids. Again, another awesome screw over story. Love it.

    ReplyDelete