Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rain Rain Rain

Traffic enforcement was ruff cause it was just poring down rain last night...couldnt believe it....I had my wipers on high at one point and I still couldnt see 10 feet in front of my car...cats and dogs I tell ya. I decided to make one stop right as the rain picked up and I've never cut anyone loose so fast in my life.

Catch em clean em......man we have a strange policy where if the sgt is gone the acting sgt cant leave the city...so this includes DUI's so my acting sgt had a DUI tonight. I had to take him to the blow machine at the jail. Wow the guy was annoying. He kept saying over and over and over how much of an asshole our city cops can be cause "he's not dangerous and he's not a criminal and shouldnt we be arresting pedaphiles and drug pushers etc and he knows when he has had too much to drink and I was just going a few blocks"....yeah to get more beer...what a jerk. The funny thing is that he had just been arrested a month before by us for DUI. His first one has not even gone to trial yet..unbelievable.....he blew over twice the legal limit. Yet we are picking on him somehow...god forbid we get this kind of guy off the street as your kids are walking around....guy was just a major ahole....just an unpleasant experience all around. Anyway...I dont mind processing dui's but its been getting old having to clean up someone else's catch of the day.....it takes me off the road for a couple hours total when you count having to write the report etc and I dont get any kind of statistic for it in my record so then my numbers go down etc.

Collision....kid was reaching for his cell phone...so it distracted him to the point where the road turned but he didn't so he just went straight off the road and into a parked car.....pretty easy...I used to hate doing collisions but now I kind of like them....I have figured out a good system of getting all the information I need so it actually goes pretty quick. There were some neighborhood kids in the area riding bikes and they were all looky-lews. It was nice to actually see kids playing in the street and riding bicycles ....they asked me if i had any cards or stickers and my car was totally empty....I told them I would come back with some goodies. I went back to the station and was happy. This lady brings us like 100 stuffed teddy bears to give out to kids that have been through something tramatic.....I grabbed 4 or 5 of them and a whole bunch of these Trading cards....they have a cool picture of our logo and patrol car on the front with our mission statement on the back........I gave those to the kids and man I looked like a hero. Their eyes totally lit up.....I tell ya after some of the crap I see on a regular basis this was a really cool thing to experience. It was worth taking the time to do it.....that kind of thing pays dividends way down the road and hopefully they end up being good young adults.

Stranded: 2 13 year old boys called 911 cause they missed there bus to get back up to town about 22 miles away. Luckily I knew a cop from that town so I was able to meet him halfway and take the kids up there....figured it was the right thing to do despite not being a taxi service....it was cold out and they were soaked to the bone. They were pretty appreciative for the ride which is nice to hear once in a while...it was really really slow due to the rainstorm and it was nice to drive somewhere different rather than driving in circles around the small city.

Suspended driver....I got lucky..I was really bored and checking a bunch of parks etc and this one car drove by.....it didn't have a license plate mounted in the front of the car......so I contacted the driver after I pulled him over and I thought for sure it was just gonna be routine.....it was a newer nice clean car and he had insurance on it so usually people like that are clean....anyway he ended up having a suspended driver's license! woo hoo

onward........

No comments:

Post a Comment